It is an undeniable fact that we are all, men and women alike, exposed to the risk of developing brown spots on the face during our lifetime.
We don't really think about it when we are young, and our complexion is not marked. We expose ourselves to the sun without protecting ourselves, we invest all our efforts to come back from vacation with a tanned body, we expose ourselves to UV rays while we have small pimples thinking that this will help them disappear... And then one day, from the age of 35 onwards on average, we see brown spots appear. For men, they tend to be deposited on the edges of the face. For women, they are more disparate and can even cover the entire face, especially during pregnancy.
Depending on the severity of the situation, some manage to live with it. For others, the spots are so present that going out without makeup is out of the question, even in summer.
But what are brown spots? Why and how do they disturb the harmony of our complexion? Can we really remedy this problem?
In this post, we explain how to prevent brown spots and how to act in two steps to regain a beautiful, luminous and harmonious complexion.
What are brown spots?
Brown spots are the result of an overproduction of melanin, the pigment that gives our skin its natural color. It is the combination of amino acids, notably L-dopa and tyrosine. Tyrosine is also involved in the functioning of our thyroid gland.
With normal or moderate exposure to the sun, the melanocyte, the cell that produces melanin, will activate to allow this pigment to protect our skin from free radicals and preserve our cellular DNA. This biological phenomenon is called melanogenesis, specifically orchestrated by an activating enzyme: tyrosinase. When necessary, tyrosinase activates the tyrosine present in melanosomes and transforms it into melanin.
But then, why does this process become deleterious sometimes? There are two situations in which melanogenesis gets out of control. The first concerns pigment overproduction. The second is a dysfunction of the melanocyte.
• Sun exposure
This is typically the time when everything can lead to brown spots. Exposure to the sun must be done gradually. You must also apply creams that will help shield the sun's rays and its oxidative stress. If this is not the case, the skin will do its job and will cause an overproduction of pigments that can stain the skin of our face.
Sometimes people think that the sun can reduce the appearance of acne. However, this illusion only exists for the duration of a summer and the budding starts again in September. But there's worse. When you have pimples, you may tend to break them out, which creates micro-lesions that are conducive to the generation of brown spots. Let's insist on the use of anti-acne products that are not adapted or too abrasive. The skin's vulnerability is even greater and so is the risk of marks. If you have some blemishes, treat them with gentle products like those of our Pur Paradisi purifying and anti-blemish range.
• Hormonal treatments
The causal link between hormonal or contraceptive treatments and brown spots on the face has been proved. Hormones have a great influence on the skin's harmony. Women notice this particularly when they are pregnant, with the appearance of melasma or pregnancy mask, which blurs the complexion. Estrogens and progesterone’s will modify the nature of the melanocyte by activating melanin. If you are concerned, be extremely careful about your exposure to the sun. Consult your gynecologist or midwife to discuss this.
• Medication treatments
Some treatments, especially chemotherapy, will affect the functioning of the cell and create greater photosensitivity. Do not stop your treatments, but be more vigilant during periods of sun exposure, and moisturize and nourish your skin as much as possible.
Fighting the appearance of brown spots during the day
No matter how many spots your face has right now, there are two ways to fight them. During the day or at night, care intentions for the spots on the face are not the same.
During the day, it is important to avoid feeding the problem. We fight against the existing spots, and we do everything possible to reject the external causes that could create others.
• The first shield: the Perfect Pisum Whitening Anti-Spot Botanical Serum
This serum is a real cellular protector against oxidative stress, the effects of aging and reactions specific to photosensitivity.
It contains the following active ingredients:
- Our Immunox® patent: The flagship active ingredient of our Saeve products, our complex, composed of fresh organic Birch Sap and organic Chaga, stops more than 90% of the generation of free radicals and protects our cellular DNA to more than 70%.
- Antioxidants capable of limiting the action of tyrosinase and the production of melanin: titrated Pea extracts.
- Encapsulated Oxyresveratrol of White Mulberry also modulates the action of tyrosinase.
- Super-powerful Vitamin C, antioxidant and protective, with the virtues anti-stain and of cellular regeneration.
• Second shield: the Detox Officinale Multi-Defense Detoxifying Cream SPF30
With this cream, the idea is to deploy the means of anti-free radical defense in particular by protecting the skin from UV rays and pollution.
This effective cream contains the following ingredients:
- Unsurprisingly, we put a good dose of our Immunox® patent in it.
- The titrated extracts of Dandelion are our best friends. They allow to clean up our little cells in contact with external toxins.
- The encapsulated Apple Phloretin actively fights against free radicals through its antioxidant action.
Work in depth on brown spots at night
While during the day, we protect, at night, we treat brown spots in depth and boost cell renewal to make way to a new skin.
To do this, we suggest another beneficial elixir, our Perfect Pisum Whitening Micropeel Botanical Night Serum. Its application will allow a soft micro-exfoliation, without aggressive reaction on the skin, in order to optimize the regeneration of the latter. Brightening and light return in force on the complexion.
This wonderful serum contains:
- The ultra-antioxidant Immunox® patent to help you in the process of cellular regeneration, thanks to the richness of natural nutrients of fresh organic Birch sap.
- Fruit acids (AHA) to activate a gentle micro-peeling.
- Our radiance enhancers, titrated Pea extracts.
- Nourishing encapsulated Yeast extracts to promote optimal tissue renewal. If the arrival of brown spots on the face is unavoidable, it is no less certain that we have beautiful natural solutions to help you. We invite you to read the testimonials of women who have seen their complexion brighten up thanks to our products one fine morning.